ooooooooooo

Glass in Stock Roxor windshield?

WY_ROX

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Is it possible to have glass installed to replace the plastic stock Roxor windshield? Wasn't sure if the stock frame could accept glass?

Uncle Chuck

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Ok, here’s my take on the concept:
Since my (2019) plastic windshield has a tendency to pulsate/vibrate in and out at highway speeds, it concerns me that it might possibly come out of the frame and make my face uglier than what it is.
So, I believe I could have a glass windshield made to fit, but I don’t want to spend the money on that and then find out that the glass one does the same thing because the frame is plastic. So… here’s what I’m going to do….. I’m going to get a sheet of 10 gauge steel and use the plastic frame as a template to cut out the hole in the steel for the glass. Then I’ll put it on the roxor and take it all down to the glass shop and they can make a windshield to fit.
I have wipers on it that were installed at the dealership, and they mounted them on the bottom. I prefer them on the top, so I am going to take this opportunity to move them up.
I’ll take some pictures while I’m doing it and probably provide a little running commentary to help everybody get it.
Gimme a couple of weeks. I’m off on vacation for now.